Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter Cons

There are a lot of things that I love about winter. I love the cold, crisp air. I love the snow that we have gotten this year (and the snow days home from school). I love sitting by the fire and hearing the wood crack and pop. I love the big fluffy sweaters and scarves. I especially love the holidays that come during the winter months. However, I do have one major con about this season...DRY SKIN. Sophia has really suffered most. When she went to the doctor on Tuesday, I showed him her scalp. It looks as if she has cradle cap (or as I sometime accidentally say cradle crap). Her head is so dry and flaky. He called it something in medical terms that I could never repeat, pronounce, or spell. He told me to grease her scalp at night with Eucerin lotion and wash it out the next morning. So, as you can see below...we have one big mess on our hands! She thoroughly enjoyed it though! I imagine it did feel good. Who doesn't love getting a head massage with thick, greasy, cream? Anyway, I am hoping washing it out in the morning will reveal nicely moisturized skin! 
 Is it me or does Fifi resemble a chipmunk in this picture? :)

 

 
 She sat so still and was so patient. She is so precious.

I love that they both have the exact same expression. They are also doing the exact same things with their mouths. Their new thing is sucking in their bottom lips. I must tell them that this is not a flattering look (even though there is really nothing they could do to look bad in my eyes).

1 comment:

  1. I love the new look of your blog - it looks great! ugh...i hate the dry skin of winter, too. libbi had cradle crap and still has really bad eczema :( we use a lot of aquaphor and mustela (referred by our ped.) it works great, but is so messy!

    ReplyDelete