Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Night Suppa

One of the traditions that my entire family has is Sunday night supper (or as we say in the south-"suppa"). My mother, aunts, cousins, and grandfather come to our house and pig out! It is a great time for us to reconnect after not seeing each other for a whole week. I am very close with my family and they all live within five-ten minutes away. I am truly blessed. I don't know if this is an "only child" mentality but, I can't imagine not seeing them on a regular basis. These posts will include the recipes and pictures of our time together!


Tonight I made vegetable soup and HOMEMADE banana pudding. I got the recipe for the pudding from one of my favorite ladies, Christy Jordan
 
Vegetable Soup

3 cans diced Italian style tomatoes 
1 can pinto beans
1 can red beans
1 can whole white sweet corn (drained)
1 can lima beans
1 can butter beans
2 cups frozen okra
2 cups frozen green beans
1 can new potatoes
1 can tomato paste 
2 cans water
1lb. ground beef


Seasoning:
2 bay leaves
Minced garlic (season to taste)
salt and pepper (season to taste)

The banana pudding was delicious!!! See the link above for the recipe! So easy, and sooo good!!!

 
My beautiful cousin, Presley (Winnie). 

 
 PawPaw and Mallory


 My aunt, Tammy, who would not let me photograph her face because she didn't have her makeup on! That is also why you do not see my mother. She too, did not "have her face on."

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna need some of that nanner puddin! it is one of my favs but i have never made it! looks great.

    ReplyDelete