Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WHERE is your father???

After a long and rainy day of teaching first graders, I was so ready to get home and relax. However, that was cut short when I realized that daddy had school tonight (working on masters degree). The girls were wild! At one point they were both dressed up with hats, high heels, sunglasses, and purses. Next, they decided jumping off of their toy box would be a blast. Somehow I managed to cook dinner and luckily everyone survived. We ate sausage, corn, biscuits, and oranges. These are my girls' favorite foods so I just try and combine them.

As I am letting my food digest and think I may just fall asleep sitting up, I hear these words come from the playroom, "Mooooom... Fifi has poo poo on her hand." I take off in a sprint (which in itself is a sight to see) to the playroom and OH MY GOSH. FIFI DOES HAVE POO POO ON HER HAND. I scoop her up trying not to touch any of the poo and off we go to the bathroom. I discover that she put her hand in her diaper. Boy, she really had a surprise when she pulled it out didn't she? I lift her to the sink (as I am gagging) and try and wash her hands. BUT-this poo is...hmmm...what can I compare it to? Well, it is the same consistency of clay (gag). THEREFORE-IT WILL NOT JUST WASH OFF (gag). I try and grab some toilet paper to wipe it off and guess what? THERE WAS NONE ON THE ROLL! I have to dig under the sink to get more and by this time Fifi is so grossed out from me gagging and the smell and the fact that she has POO POO on her hand she begins to cry. After I get her hands clean, I go to take her shirt off and LOW AND BEHOLD...
 THERE IS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE IS YOUR FATHER???

8 comments:

  1. Tiffany,
    Your life never ceases to make me say "Now what the heck am I complainin' about??" Thank you for sharing this! It has made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny post! just checking out your new blog that Leslie did. I am one of her followers. Its so cute, she did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you through Leslie and am loving your new look! I am a future teacher so I am interested to read your blog! Your girls are precious! Hope you do not mind a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog look! New follower here! I'm a future teacher too! I'm doing my field placement in a first grade class now...LOVE it! I always love finding other teachers who blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie posted the blogs she just finished so I thought I would come check it out and I was happy to find a first grade teacher! I taught first for the past three years, then we moved to Germany and I am now teaching Special Education in grades 3-9.

    Leslie did a cute job on your blog! I love the color scheme--it goes perfectly with your adorable girlies (minus the poop!)

    -Katie
    www.sneakerteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love those "Where is your Father??" moments!!! My husband is a coach so I have ALOT of nights like that! :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog....and for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the right place at the right time apparently! HAHA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! It seems like they are always missing at just the "right" time...ha! Then it never seems as dramatic and crazy when you're retelling it to them when they arrive back home...and it seems like no big deal to them. One of life's great mysteries as well as how something so AWFUL can come out of someone so CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete