Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunday Night Suppa

Because we will be beach bound in the morning, we had Sunday Night Suppa tonight. We really had a great time visiting with the family tonight. It was so sweet of them to come and spend time with us before we leave on our Spring Break adventure! Nothing says south more than what we had on the menu. We had chicken and dumplings and peanut butter fudge. 

Chicken and Dumplings Recipe:
Rotisserie Chicken
32 oz. Chicken Broth
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2-3 Cans of Mini Buttermilk Biscuits (I like a lot of dumplings so I used 3)
Flour
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Bring broth to a boil. Once boiling, add can cream of chicken soup. 
Next, place biscuits on a plate. In another plate add flour, salt, and pepper (just a few pinches of each then mix with a fork). Dredge biscuits in the flour and tear into four pieces. Turn down the heat so it is simmering. Drop pieces in the broth and DO NOT STIR! 
After all biscuits are in the broth, take a spoon (AND DO NOT STIR) and dunk the biscuits. Cook for 10 minutes. Shred the rotisserie chicken (I only use the breasts). 
Add chicken to dumplings. Dunk the chicken as well. Still, no stirring! :) Cook for about 10 more minutes. Get ready for your taste buds to EXPLODE! 
YUMMY!!!

Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe:
My mother found this recipe on the Jiff website. It is so easy to make and there is no baking involved at all!!! Go here for the recipe! 
Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter
Melt them in the microwave and then add Eagle Brand Milk and almond extract.
BE AWARE: It becomes really thick, really quick!!!
Line a baking dish with wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

My girls were definitely on a sugar high...Pray for me...
Fifi wants to watch a movie....in 3D.

My beautiful aunt, Tammy and Mally. 

Hmmm...what is daddy thinking?

"Look, mommy, I ballowino."
Me: "WHERE...are your clothes?"

"Mom, take a picture..."

Goodnight friends. We are leaving for the beach in the morning. I am so excited and am hopeful that the six hour car ride will go smoothly. Again, pray for me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a fun vacation! the fudge looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goooo Fifi!! I pray that the car ride goes smoothly. I know it can be very stressful! I hope you check this while you're gone because I think I have found the PERFECT DIY project for you, Jodi and I! Go here and look http://www.swankypear.com/2010/03/sparkley-easter-egg-ball.html. I love this! Have fun, beach bums!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast at the beach! I'm already ready for you to come home! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete