Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sophia Peri






Having Sophia was a breeze! It was an amazing delivery and there were no complications. However, the moment the doctor placed her on my chest, I knew...I just knew, something was terribly wrong. It seemed like she was breathing awfully fast and with each breath her little chest caved in. The nurse took her from my arms and a team began examining her. They proceeded to keep her in my room and this was extremely hard to watch. I had only held her for a second. I had not counted toes, I had not rubbed her head, I had not embraced my child like a mother needs to do. They told me she was not getting enough oxygen and needed to be taken to the NICU. I felt like I was having an out of body experience. They rushed her out and I knew nothing. We waited for hours until the neonatologist came and told us what was happening. Sophia had something called tachypnea. This meant her breathing rate was too rapid. It can also be related to an infection in the lungs. I can't explain the horror of knowing your baby is sick. I kept crying out to God telling him that I would not be strong enough if something happened to my baby. He listened to my cries. He gave me a peace that let me know she would be healed by His grace. Two LONG weeks later, Sophia came home from the NICU. It was Valentine's Day. One of my happiest memories that I have. Sophia recovered fully and is an incredible and smart child. She is so kind-hearted and loves her sister, Mally (which she re-named her) more than anyone. Thank you God, thank you for your incredible healing powers that kept my baby.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Sophia Tigue!! Tiffany and Phillip, I can not imagine what you went through 2 years ago today. Everytime I think of how uncomplicated my pregnancy and delivery were, I think of parents like you who had to go through days of not knowing the future and just holding on to your faith in God. FiFi is proof that we do have a mighty God who heals and gives us the desires of our heart.

    ReplyDelete