Friday, January 29, 2010

Mallory Lou


After a long pregnancy filled with happiness, joy, high blood pressure, swollen limbs, and a nice lunch at O'Charley's (which is where my water broke), Mallory Lou was born on June 9, 2006. Although she was born three weeks early, she weighed 6 pounds and 4 ounces. She was absolutely perfect. Completely healthy, pink, and crying the sweetest sound you have ever heard. I could go on and on about how wonderful my experience was giving birth. Since it was so amazing I just assumed we would be ready to head home ASAP. I was soon let down when the pediatrician told me that I would be going home without my newborn baby. Mallory's jaundice levels were too high and she needed another night in the "tanning bed." Phillip and I were devastated but knew we had no choice. So, we went home, empty handed, sad, and praying that first thing in the morning we would get to take her home. Our prayers were answered when we arrived at the hospital to discover her levels were normal and we could take her home! God is so good. We came home and began our journey into parenthood. It has been the most amazing journey and I thank God for the opportunity He has given us.

Mallory at one:

Mallory at two:

Mallory at three:

No comments:

Post a Comment