Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am on the bandwagon...

After becoming addicted to reading everyone's personal and family blogs, I decided it may just be time to create my own! I want to preserve my memories for I know one day this will be a precious gift for my family. Where shall I begin? I am married to a wonderful man, who absolutely swept me off my feet. Phillip and I met at college while pursuing our Elementary Education degree. He quickly became my best friend and we were inseparable. After being friends for a few years and officially dating for one, we took our vows on August 13, 2005. We were married in the most beautiful church (not our home church which meant we had to pay out of the wazoo to rent). However, I only plan on marrying one time and I wanted to be married in that church! It was perfect. Our honeymoon was equally perfect! Where did we go you may be asking? Well, there was only one place that two fun loving kiddos COULD GO...DISNEY WORLD! We had so much fun! I would like to mention though, that I DID NOT buy one of those Mickey Mouse hats with a veil. I get so tickled every time I see those! Looking back, maybe I should have gotten one! Haha! When we arrived home, we were ecstatic to begin our lives together. We also had just began our first teaching jobs, me in first grade, and Phillip in fifth. Our life had officially begun, or so we had thought. The best was only yet to come...



5 comments:

  1. WOW! I didn't know that you and Phillip married after a year! When you're meant to be there's just no reason to wait, hu?? I want to hear all about the proposal! I love your layout and from my blogging family to yours - welcome to the band wagon! Hope you have an extra 16 hours every week to devote to this addiction!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laurie! I am really glad to be providing my family with the memories that will last a lifetime. I will be getting to the proposal soon! Give Grace my love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious memories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more about your wonderful family! This blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE hearing all this from your perspective. It puts a whole new spin on it. So glad you are saving your memories!

    ReplyDelete