Friday, January 29, 2010

The Best...



From the beginning of my relationship with Phillip, we always talked about how eager we would be to start a family once we were married. I, being an only child, and he, the oldest of five, both wanted a huge family. Little did we know we would get our blessing from God two months after we were married. It was the happiest, scariest, and most incredible feeling! I never expected to get pregnant so quickly. I was talking with a colleague and discovered I had been miscalculating my cycles. I was not only one day late, I was over a week late! I knew instantly that I HAD to be pregnant! I was very tired, emotional, and could NOT get enough of chocolate ice cream. Immediately after school I picked up a test, came home, took it, and before I could even stand up it was totally positive! I was in utter shock! I knew I would only have a short time until Phillip arrived home so I quickly came up with a special way to tell him. I made a big card and wrote, "Because of you and me...this was made..." and I taped the test to it. I also put in an Allison Krauss c.d. (Baby of Mine) and turned up the volume. When he walked in the door I watched his face (as I hid in the hallway). It was amazing to see his world change as I watched. We cried, we laughed, and we became prayer warriors for our little embryo.

No comments:

Post a Comment