Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mally!

Today was my big girls birthday! She turned four and I am still wondering where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday I was watching her sleep in her wee little bassinet. I still get amazed when I look at her. I can't believe that she is all mine. I can't believe God gave her to me and trusted that I could be her mommy. Thank you, Lord, for giving me Mallory.

We started the day bright and early! I could hardly sleep awaiting the moment she would see her new playhouse. We blindfolded her so she wouldn't see until we got outside!
Her first glimpse was priceless! 
They had so much fun! They came in and out of that house 82 times! It was so funny watching them act like "grown ups". They cooked, cleaned, talked on the phone, and even managed a trip to Wal-Mart. They were really taking "playing house" seriously. At one point, Mallory even got on her play cell phone and called the police. She told them she had an emergency and to come quick because the big bad wolf was trying to break into her house.Hilarious! 
Later that evening some of my family came over for cake and ice cream. Mallory told me she didn't want a cake though. She wanted brownies and so I whipped up a batch. We have discovered the most delicious kind. It is Betty Crocker's Supreme with Icing. Yummmmmy!
We did get her a few little gifts to open tonight. Her actual party will be Saturday! It's a week long celebration for birthdays in our house!!!

4 comments:

  1. looks great!!! My oldest is turning 4 in 27 days!!! I also wonder where have I been the last 4 years??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try those brownies!! I am not surprised a bit at Mallory's imagination and coming up with calling the police. That girl is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love all the pictures...especially the big reveal with Sophia pointing in excitement, too! I can imagine how it must feel...Libbi will be one in a week and a half and I am dying thinking, "where did the time go?!?!?" I can't imagine her being four!! Your girls are both precious as can be! Love their sweet faces - I'm sure they will have years of fun playing house together....and the pink roof was a really nice touch! Happy Birthday to your sweet Mallory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!!! I would have loved one of these when I was a little girl! I know Mal and Fi will love this as they grow up! They will never forget their beautiful playhouse! Happy Birthday Mal Mal! Watch out for that BIG BAD WOLF!!

    ReplyDelete