Thursday, June 3, 2010

Campin Out

 (Chchchch...Huuhuuhuu)

We were invited by some of our sweet friends to go camping. I have to say I was a bit anxious about this because being the sheltered child and adult that I was and am, I had never been. All I could think of was the horror movie character, Jason, popping out of the forest with his white hockey mask gleaming in the light of the full moon. Of course, Phillip has been many times and reassured me there would be no mass murdering. Fortunately, our friends do have a travel trailer so it wasn't like we were going to sleep in tents. When we arrived at the campground it was not at all what I expected. It wasn't in some secluded area with no power or running water. There were people all around which made me feel really safe. There were playgrounds, a lake with a sandy beach, and there was even a lighthouse. We had a tasty dinner and smores for dessert. I am so glad I can now say I survived have been camping. I truly had a wonderful time and the girls did too!

1 comment:

  1. too funny....i have to say, i would have the SAME images of camping! :)
    love the pix of the girls holding hands - too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete